Hon Ian Ling-Stuckey completed his primary education in Kavieng at OLSH school and Port Moresby at Gordon Primary A school before attending St. Peters Lutheran College in Brisbane, Australia. He completed grade 12 in 1977, then attended Griffith University in Brisbane from where he graduated in 1981 with a Bachelor of Science (BSc) with a double major in Applied Mathematics and Land Use Planning.
Prior to entering politics Mr Ling-Stuckey was Chairman of Monian Group of companies, which has diversified interests in real estate, property development, plantations gaming and equities. His familys business interests were founded in Kavieng, New Ireland Province in 1937. He established the Ling-Stuckey Foundation which funds water tanks and small-scale micro-economic projects for village communities.
Mr Ling-Stuckey served as a member for Kavieng in his first term from 1997 to 2002 and has been a Minister for Mining, Public Service and Commerce & Industry. He is the first Member for Kavieng since democratic government was introduced in 1964, to be returned to the
National Parliament trice.
He served his second term as the Member for New Ireland Provincial and as Governor of the province and was re-elected as Member for Kavieng in 2017.
He has been a member of the PNG Land Board; the Industries Assistance Board; Deputy Chairman of the PNG Town Planning Board and from 1991 to 1995 was a Commissioner of the National Capital District Commission (NCDC).
Mr Ling-Stuckey has represented Papua New Guinea on several occasions as a member of the PNG squash team, having won three gold medals and a bronze medal at the 1983 South Pacific Games in Western Samoa and the 1987 South Pacific Games in New Caledonia.
He was awarded a Companion of the Most Distinguished Order of Saint Michael and Saint George (CMG) for his services to community, business and politics in the Queens Birthday Honours for 1999.
Download All Hon Ian Ling-Stuckey Press Releases Here:
- SPEECH – UPNG-ANU ECONOMIC PRESENTATION BY SHADOW TREASURER.FINAL.130618 ils- 9.15pm – website
- POWERPOINT – UPNG-ANU ECONOMIC PRESENTATION BY SHADOW TREASURER.FINAL.130618 ils- 9.15pm – website
- MEDREL- CAPTURING APEC BENEFITS – UPNG ANU PRESENTATION.120618 ils_pdf
- MEDREL- TREASURER YOUR HALLUCINATING WITH SP RESPONSE_pdf.180518.pdf
- MEDREL- PNGs INTERNATIONAL CREDIT STANDING AT RISK.070418 ils-pdf
- MEDREL- PNGs 2017 FINAL BUDGET OUTCOME (FBO).260318 ils_pdf
- MEDREL- PNGs CASH MANAGEMENT-NOT SPECULATION JUST FACTS.230318_pdf
- MEDREL-MISMANAGING PNGS CASH.190318
- MEDREL-RESTORING CONFIDENCE COULD COST K870M IN INTEREST COSTS.140318_pdf
- MEDREL- MISMANAGING PNGS DEBT PORTFOLIO.150318-1_pdf
- MEDREL-2018 BUDGET HIDES MASSIVE CUTS IN INFRASTRUCTURE-080318-ils_pdf
- MEDREL- INCREASED EITI TRANSPARENCY VERY WELCOME-BUT WHERE DID ALL THE MONEY GO.050318 ils_pdf
- MEDREL-FX CRISIS DEMANDS REVIEW OF BPNG.280218 ils pdf
- MEDREL-ALTERNATIVE GOVT INCREASINGLY CONCERNED ABOUT BUDGET NUMBERS.190218 ils
- MEDREL-ALTERNATIVE GOVT WELCOMES PRELIMARY 2017 FBO WITH SOME QUESTIONS.130218 ils_pdf
- MEDREL-RICE QUOTA BAD FOR PNG FAMILIES & BAD FOR THE BUDGET
- MEDREL -APEC – SEIZE THE OPPORTUNITIES FOR PNG.100118
- MEDREL-PNG FAMILIES TO SUFFER FROM TARIFF INCREASES.080117
- MEDREL – TREASURER ABEL CONTINUES TO DECIEVE PNG.100118
- MEDREL – POOR START TO 2018.030118
- MEDREL-2018 BUDGET XMAS MESSAGE.261217
- MEDREL-UNJUSTIFIED CUTS TO POLICE FUNDING.171217
- MEDREL-2018 BUDGET JOBS AND GROWTH CRISIS.271217[ils]
- MEDREL-2018 BUDGET FAKE REVENUE & BUSH ACCOUNTING.141217[ils]
- MEDREL-FAKE 2018 BUDGET MEANS FAILED 100 DAY PLAN.191217 [ils] (1)
- MEDREL-2018 BUDGET GOVT HANDS DEEPER INTO SHOPPERS POKETS.041217 [ils]
- MEDREL-2018 BUDGET MUST FOCUS ON INCLUSIVE GROWTH.141117[ils]
- 2018 BUDGET DAY RESPONSE-K2 BILLION FAKE REVENUE UNDERMINES CREDIBILITY.281117
- 2018 BUDGET CRITERIA FOR JUDGING SUCCESS.271117
- MEDREL-2018 BUDGET MUST PROTECT THE HEALTH SECTOR.221117[ils]
- MEDREL-2018 BUDGET MUST DEAL WITH DEBT, INTEREST AND ROLL OVER CRISIS.171117[ils]
- 2018 BUDGET REPLY SPEECH-FINAL DRAFT.041217[ILS].11.04PM-16FONT
- MEDREL-2018 BUDGET MUST BE CREDIBLE.151117[ils]
- MEDREL-2018 BUDGET PROCESSES SHOULD FOLLOW THE RULE OF LAW.131117[ils]